The Mercy Wellness Center will be reopening Saturday, June 13, 2020 with our regular hours of operation and staffing. We are dedicated to keeping our members, staff and community safe while maintaining social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis. Please review the important information below regarding changes that have been put in place at the Wellness Center. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Protocols and Procedures:
- Safety guidelines will be made available for member education upon entering and throughout the facility and on digital platforms.
- Attendant staff will monitor to ensure protocols are being followed and occupancy is being adhered to. During unstaffed times video monitoring will be utilized to ensure compliance.
- Staff will:
- Wear source face masks, gloves and maintain minimum 6-foot distance unless protected by appropriate barrier.
- Recognize symptoms of COVID-19 and request anyone appearing ill to leave the premises.
- Know occupancy limits and restrict entry during times maximum capacity is reached.
- Understand and fulfill facility protocols for cleaning, sanitation, and safety.
- Abide by employer required stay at home policy if exhibiting symptoms and/or confirmed/potential COVID-19 contraction.
Your Health and Safety:
- Familiarize yourself with symptoms of COVID-19.
- Take your temperature on your workout day, if you have a fever stay at home.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 DO NOT enter facility.
- If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19 DO NOT enter facility.
- If you are at ‘high risk’ consider postponing your participation.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols:
- Approved cleaning and disinfecting products and hand sanitizers available throughout facility:
- Require hand washing/sanitizing BEFORE and AFTER workout.
- Increase disinfectant stations with hand sanitizer available at entrance and throughout the facility.
- Wipe down of equipment with sanitizing product pre- and post-use.
- Frequent and detailed, in-depth cleaning checklist:
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned a minimum of every 2 hours with approved product during staffed hours.
- Locker rooms will be closed periodically throughout the day to facilitate cleaning, supplemented with intermittent sanitizing.
- Thorough cleaning of facility will occur daily.
- Water fountains for refilling water bottles only – must use proper safety technique, please bring your own water bottle with you.
- No equipment sharing.
- Adherence to CDC and MDH distancing guidelines, maintaining 6 feet of distance in all Wellness Center activities.
- Equipment will be spaced out or taken out of service to meet distance requirements.
- Capacity/Occupancy will be posted on gym, fitness room and locker room doors.
- Compliance with posted occupancy is expected.
- No sharing of equipment or circuits/’super setting’ allowed at this time.
- Personal training sessions will not be offered until further notice.
- Group classes are postponed until further notice.
- Social distancing signage and floor markers will be visibly posted.
These protocols and practices have been put in place for your protection as well as the protection of our staff. Your compliance and observance of these measures is appreciated and expected.