Mercy Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital serving communities in southern Carlton and northern Pine counties.
For over 50 years, Mercy Hospital in Moose Lake, Minnesota, has provided healthcare to the rural communities of southern Carlton and northern Pine counties. Mercy first opened the doors to a new, 20-bed hospital in 1963. A year later, a 25-bed nursing home addition opened.
Responding to community needs, Mercy continued to grow and evolve over the next decades, adding additions in 1968, 1977, 1993 and 2001, along with outpatient, surgical and other new services. Mercy was designated a Critical Access Hospital in 2004. In 2010, Augustana Care acquired the nursing home and Kenwood Place senior housing facility.
In 2015, Mercy opened a new, state-of-the-art, two-story addition that features a new emergency department, nursing unit with private rooms, birthing center, lab and imaging departments. The existing hospital was remodeled and features expanded rehab space, new dining area, private pre- and post-op rooms and a third surgical suite. Designed to enhance patient care, safety and privacy, the new addition and remodeling project will meet the health needs of the hospital district well into the future.
Mercy Hospital is committed to delivering high quality, personalized care to people of all ages.
Mercy Hospital is the leading choice of healthcare services within our region, providing exceptional care in collaboration with our partners.
The culture at Mercy Hospital is centered on our values. Demonstrating these values will help us achieve our vision as well as become the provider of choice and employer of choice in our area. Our pledge is to show our commitment to these values by integrating them into our care, our duties, our communications and our daily lives.
Compassion & Respect
- We treat all those we serve with kindness and compassion.
- We embrace the whole person, responding to emotional and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
- We are sensitive and caring to those around us.
- We are courteous and sensitive to other’s wishes and feelings and act without bias.
Integrity, Innovation & Independence
- We take personal responsibility for the services we provide and for the perceptions and experiences of the patients, employees and community.
- We respond to our communities’ needs with innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- We are an independent, evolving health care system. Though we value the importance of our collaborative relationships, we are proud of our independent, community-governed healthcare system.
Community & Quality
- Our governing board of directors represent and are elected by the citizens of the communities we serve. We function with a strong sense of community needs.
- The culmination of the values described above combined with competent, well-trained medical staff and updated technology ensures that we continue to provide high quality and safe care.
For over 50 years, Mercy has served the communities in our hospital district, focusing on meeting the medical needs of the families in our region by providing quality health care services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We continue to strive to meet the health needs of the communities we serve, looking at the best ways to deliver care and provide needed services. Our annual report summarizes our efforts to meet the medical needs of this region, as well as our impact as a major employer and as a community citizen.